Privacy Statement - UChoose BV
2. Who we are
3. Types of personal data, processing purposes, legal basis and sharing of the data
4. Protection of personal data
5. Storing of personal data
6. Access to, rectification and amendment of your personal data, and other rights you have
7. Contact details and amendments to this policy
In order to implement the best possible recruitment processes and to ensure a high-quality service provision to you, we process certain personal data of you. This Privacy Statement explains in clear terms, among other things, what personal data we process, the purposes for which we process personal data and the way in which we process personal data.
This Statement shows that we treat your personal data with great care. We also explain how you can access, rectify or erase your own personal data.
This Privacy Statement applies to all services of UChoose and all personal data we process for the purposes mentioned below. By ‘personal data’ we mean any information from which you can be identified as an individual.
By agreeing to our Privacy Statement and providing your personal data via our website, by email or in any other way, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement, and you give us your consent to process your personal data in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. You are not obliged to provide your personal data to us. You should realize, however, that if you do not provide your personal data to us, we may be unable to tailor our services to your needs and you may not be able to use all of our services.
2. Who we are?
UChoose BV is a private limited company under Dutch law. We are headquartered in Amsterdam and are registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 50218751.
3. What personal data are processed, for what purposes are the personal data used and with whom might they be shared?
We process various personal data in the context of our service provision. What personal data are involved depends on how you use our website and/or services. Below we describe for each type of use what personal data we process, the purpose(s) for which we process personal data, on what legal basis we process the personal data and with what other parties we might share the personal data.
In addition to the specific sharing described under each category below, all personal data collected through our website may be shared as follows:
- Business transfers: In the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution of our company or a similar event concerning Switch Engineers, personal data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal requirements : If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability, we may disclose or share personal data.
Without your permission, we never share your personal data with parties other than those mentioned below. We will also never sell your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
a. You only visit our website
b. You upload your resume, you apply for a vacancy or you register via our website
In the event you upload your resume on our website, you apply for a vacancy or you register via our website, we will ask you to provide us with the following (personal) data:
• First- and surname;
• Telephone number;
• E-mail address;
• Resume with the (personal) data described by you therein;
• Function title*;
• Level of experience*;
• Type of employment*;
• Your motivation for the vacancy*;
• How you have found our website.
* We will only ask you to provide us with the data mentioned above with a * in the event you apply for a vacancy via our website.
For what purpose?
• If you apply directly for a vacancy, we use the (personal) data provided by you to be able to identify and assess you for your vacancy at your request;
• We use the (personal) data provided by you to, at your request, include you in our database;
• We then use the (personal) data provided by you in the context of recruitment, for example to be able to identify and assess you for existing and future positions at clients;
• We use the (personal) data provided by you to approach and inform you about vacancies and to invite you for activities that may be related to the recruitment, for example by sending job mailings for existing and future positions at clients.
What legal basis?
The legal basis for our processing of your personal data for the above-mentioned purposes is your explicit consent or our statutory duty. You have the right to withdraw the consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent will however not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal.
We consider your consent for sending mailings associated with our services as given, unless or until you withdraw it. The advantage of the (job) mailings is that this allows us to present you existing and future vacancies, which considerably increases the chances of finding a new job for you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shared with whom?
• We share your (personal) data with third parties if and insofar this is necessary for the execution of the agreed services, for example with regard to an application for a vacancy with our (potential) client, or (external) service providers that perform (part of our) services;
• We may share your (personal) data with companies affiliated with our company if and insofar this is necessary for an optimal execution of our services.
c. If you contact us
If you contact us, for instance by asking us a question via the contact-form on our website, by telephone, social media or post, we use your personal data to respond to your question. We then register your question in our customer service administration.
What personal data?
• First name and surname;
• Depending on how you contact us: your telephone number, email address and/or home address;
• Your question(s) or messages.
For what purpose?
• We use the personal data to answer your question or message, and to assist you, for example with regards to our services.
What legal basis?
• The processing of the above personal data is necessary for advising you or assisting you with questions and/or complaints, depending on the reason why you have contacted us.
Shared with whom?
• We share your (personal) data with the parties insofar as this is necessary for the provision of the agreed services to you, for example with our partners who help us to offer and execute our services;
• We may share your (personal) information with the companies affiliated with our company, if and insofar this is necessary for an optimal execution of our services.
4. How are your personal data protected?
We understand that the protection of your personal data is extremely important. Your personal data stored in for example our database are protected via the usual electronic security techniques, in accordance with the applicable data security standards. We make every effort to ensure that your personal data are safe and secure, but we advise you to keep in mind when transmitting your personal data, that the security of data transmitted over the internet cannot be fully guaranteed.
If we provide your personal data to third parties, we will make every effort to ensure that the third parties in question process your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement and an arrangement joint controllers/processing agreement and that they guarantee the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data. This also applies to parties residing outside of the European Economic Area.
5. How long are your personal data stored?
We store your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which your data are processed and in any event no longer than permitted by law. How long certain personal data are stored depends on the nature of the data and the purposes for which they are processed. In the event of recruitment on behalf of our clients, we store your personal data for as long as necessary to complete the recruitment process. If we reasonably expect to be able to present other interesting job vacancies to you in the near future, we will also store your personal data for that purpose.
6. Access to and rectification of your personal data and other rights you have
You can request access to or rectification or erasure of your personal data by sending an email to email@example.com. You can also request data portability and/or you can revoke the consent you gave us. To protect your privacy we will have to properly verify your identity, to be absolutely sure that the data are provided to the right person, or that the data of the right person are rectified or erased.
If you wish to view your personal data, you will receive an overview of the personal data we have stored from you as soon as possible, but in any case within the statutory period, in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation. If you wish to rectify your personal data, we will make the requested changes to your personal profile as soon as possible. If you want us to erase your personal data from our database, we will initiate this procedure as soon as possible and inform you in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation. After receipt of the request we will notify you in writing as soon as possible, but always within the statutory period, whether or to what extent we can comply with the request. If the request is turned down, the notification to that effect will always set out the reason for turning down the request. A decision to rectify, complete, erase or block personal data will be implemented as soon as possible. If personal data are erased, we will retain an anonymized copy of the data.
We request anyone who believes that we violate applicable personal data protection laws and regulations to notify our Data Protection Officer accordingly on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to such a notification within a reasonable time, in principle within one month. It is also possible to lodge a complaint about our processing of personal data with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens), PO Box 93374, 2509 AJ The Hague.
7. Contact details and amendments to this Statement
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please send an email to our Data Protection Officer on email@example.com or contact the details below:
1077 AS Amsterdam
T: 020 - 700 6644
We may amend this Statement from time to time if new developments occur and/or we deem this necessary. However, if we make any material changes or if otherwise required by the applicable law, we will notify you by email or by means of a notice on the website prior to the change becoming effective. Please review this Statement periodically, and especially before you provide any personal data. Your continued use of the website after any changes or revisions to this Statement shall indicate your agreement with the terms of such revised Statement.
Last updated: 21 August 2018